looking for something?
- two confessions: this is my first real shopping trip here. and this place is excessively expensive. just a bit.
- With today's weather, his city is so noticeably happier. It's breathtaking. Happy Friday, New York.
- Some people take smoke breaks. I take ice cream cone breaks. Glorious in this weather. Thanks @ for being outside my office!
- So, um, is it a bad thing when I can't think of any specific interests or hobbies outside of cooking/baking? [Filling out an application.]
- Hey, @ is looking for your most lovable food, culture, lifestyle bloggas!
Monthly Archives: December 2009
Cookie Takedown 2009 Verdict: Madness!
Pure and simply, that is what last night was… Or, more appropriately, that is what this weekend was. 1 small Brooklyn kitchen, 1 woman, 300 cookies. And the verdict? Well, guess who FINALLY won! I tied for FIRST PLACE for … Continue reading
Seriously Good Quiche
Quiche, really? The doubtful audience could easily question how ho-hum quiche sounds. And hell, I’m right there with you. I grew up with my mom’s quiche lorraine. As classic a recipe as a Southern girl could make it, it was … Continue reading
Part II: The creation – How it all falls into place
So, technically, part ii should be recipe testing. That’s probably where I would have realized how to degrease the potstickers OR where i would have realized how quickly the things cool down. But, you know, this is an amateur speaking. … Continue reading
Part I: Ideation – Where the heck does it all come from?
When time comes to serve the food to the crowd of hungry people, it always seems my food is far more complex than I ever expected. As you can see from the name, I had lots of flavors and stuff … Continue reading
Diary of a Food Competition
As not to overwhelm with one gigantic post (where’s the fun of that?), I am splitting up the process of ideation and creation for my most recent competition, Food Obstructions II, which was last Sunday. My final product, which was … Continue reading